From Thursday 26th to (hopefully) Sunday 29th September I will be attempting to walk The Two Saints Way, a 93 mile, revived-pilgrimage from Lichfield to Chester.
Day 1 is a 20 mile walk from Lichfield to Stafford. The first 10 miles are mostly up-hill to Gentleshaw Common and Castle Ring then across the chase. With the last few miles following the River Sow (when I scoped this out it had burst it’s banks and was ankle deep in water).
Day 2 is the hardest day. 23 miles from Stafford to Stoke-on-Trent. There are some very tough parts to this, particularly past the Duke of Sutherland’s Monument and “The King’s Walk” in to Trentham.
Day 3 is the longest walk; 25 miles from Stoke-on-Trent to Nantwich. Day 4 is 24 miles from Nantwich to Chester. I’ve not scoped these sections out so they’ll be new to me. They are, I’m relieved to see, described as the easier sections of the walk in the guide that you can buy from http://www.twosaintsway.co.uk.
See a detailed copy of the route of Google Maps at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hJQwRSMr0iUuW70aowhtYJIf24xjXWEY
- I’ll be posting regularly at my FB page (https://facebook.com/theaardvark with the #TwoSaintsWay and #AardvarkSaintsWalk hashtags if you want to follow along. You can see these without following me
- I’ll also be posting content to my FB story.
- You can add me on “Insta” @aardvarkpaul https://www.instagram.com/aardvarkpaul/
- You can track my location (starting on Thurs morning and updated every 5 mins) here: https://www.followmee.com/mapx.aspx?token=97b52eeb-f73e-49a9-ab0a-145daa6ef169
- There’s an embedded map on the front page of this website at http://theaardvark.co.uk
I’m doing most of this on my own, so I will welcome contact from everyone. Messages of support, advice on how to deal with blisters, translations of common Stokey-isms…..
- Twitter: @theaardvark https://twitter.com/theaardvark
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theaardvark
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone / SMS / WhatsApp #: Message me on one of the above to ask.
- In-person: COME JOIN ME!!! YAAASSS! Come and walk for an hour or two. If it’s at the end of the day we might even be able to sort transport back to your car.
I Need Your Help to do This
I’m not doing this walk for charity. I’m not going to ask you to sponsor me. But I am going to use it to promote a climate change mitigation and biodiversity project run by some very good friends of mine. And it needs your help.
When I’m flagging on days 3 and 4 (or 30 minutes into day 1) this is what’s going to keep me going. The thought that it might encourage you to help fund this cause. For £20 you can have some trees planted, or fund the planting of hedges or be habitats in Great Bernera on the Isle of Lewis.
Please take a look at https://bit.ly/carbonguilt